Image Map

Friday, October 2, 2015

Currently - October Edition

Hello everyone!
It has been awhile since I've posted but no worries, I have a lot coming up. This new job has me working hard! (I will get into that below.) This month I am linking up with Farley for Currently.


Listening: On Friday nights that I am home, I LOVE listening to Shelia Jane's blab show. It's a great place to debrief the week and have some fun! While I'm not one that joins in the seats, commenting and watching the GIFs roll by is great. Check it out next week (Fridays at 9pm Central time). You don't need to be a Teach Happy Member to watch. I'm not one yet but I would like to be soon. 

Loving: This was my first full week in my new position (a long term substitute job in 3rd grade) and I am LOVING IT! The staff is warm, welcoming, and supportive. I couldn't ask for any more from them. I was told before I started that this school was definitely a community school and I couldn't agree more. While it's been a little chatty this week, my students are hard working and passionate.

Thinking: Since it's my first week and we had a planning meeting for our early release collaboration, I need to rethink my general schedule and get it in my planning book. I'm hoping to get at least the next two weeks done this week so I can breathe easy for awhile (plus next week is a short week thanks to MEA!).

Wanting: I'm slowly building all the parts of my teacher blogger persona. I'm working to get better at posting regularly, starting a Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and TPT store. I want to try and get a few products in my store right away. As soon as I have a couple completed I will start posting. I've also signed up to have my blog redone by L. Paull Designs For All. The redo won't take place until the new year but I'm extremely excited!

Needing: With the new job, staying late to get my act together, and teaching dance classes, sleep has not been a priority this week. I'm hoping for 8 hours tonight so I can start to feel refreshed!

Boo-tiful: Fall leaves are one of the main reasons I like fall. Fall is not my favorite season (unlike most people) but I do love the beauty of leaves changing. One of the best experiences is driving to my Alma Mater during the fall because there are beautiful groves on the drive that are just jaw-droppingly stunning. I get to visit next weekend for a workshop since I am my class president.

Thank you for reading! I've got a few posts coming in the next 2 weeks including one this weekend about the fabulous author visit at my school this past week. For information on when I post, follow me on BlogLovin' or on Instagram (@teachdancedream).

Allie

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm glad you love your new job! That's great!! Can't wait to see your next posts!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same for needing - sleep! LOl. Hope the new job continues to be enjoyable!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete