Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

5 Fun Facts About Me!

Today I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' to share 5 fun facts about myself.


1. I spent last year as a long term substitute. At first it kind of terrified me to not have a full year job. I absolutely loved the schools I worked at, my colleagues, and the women that I substituted for. I will be doing the same this year in another district. Hopefully for the 2016-2017 school year I will be full time teaching!

2. In addition to teaching, dancing is one of my passions. When I graduated from college, 6 friends and I created a dance company in the Twin Cities. While it is small, we had our first show this summer in the Minnesota Fringe Festival. As well, I teach dance classes at the studio I danced at growing up. I love being able to teach in both a classroom and a dance studio!

Photography Credit: (c) 2014 Calabay Productions
Photography Credit: (c) 2014 Calabay Productions


3. I will never be great at playing sports but I love watching them! I definitely grew up in a sports household. While I may not know the rules as well as everyone else does, I am super competitive! Hockey is my favorite sport to watch although I also spend time watching lacrosse, baseball, football, and basketball. I tend to favor Minnesota teams! 


4. I am obsessed with candles. If I am at home, there is a 90% chance a candle is lit. There's just something about it that is so relaxing.



5. This last one may be part of the reason I'm a teacher - I loved elementary school! I had a unique school experience. From 1st through 4th grade I was in a mixed classroom. We separated by level for math and reading instruction but spent the rest of the day as a jumbled class. It was an amazing experience. Not to mention the awesome field trips we were able to go on. In 4th grade, I distinctly remember our zoo overnight trip. Yep, that's right, I slept by the dolphins at the Minnesota Zoo for the night. Talk about making science fun!

Photograph from: http://www.startribune.com/may-14-minnesota-zoo-pulls-plug-on-dolphin-exhibit/151394175/

I'm glad I was able to introduce myself a bit more. My goal is to start to post regularly! I hope you check back soon!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment